We’re taking the holidays to a new level with this coastal twist on Thanksgiving! The cornbread, crab meat, and veggies in this dish create the perfect balance of sweet and savory in this stuffing for this fresh, never frozen flounder. Gather your friends and family around the table this holiday season to try Chef Jeremiah’s recipe for Crab and Cornbread-Stuffed Flounder!
- Jumbo lump crab meat
- Cornbread (cubed)
- Sweet red bell pepper
- Sauvignon blanc wine
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Dice onion, shallot, and sweet red bell pepper.
- Cut garlic into thin slices.
- Heat nonstick pan over medium-high heat with extra virgin olive oil.
- Caramelize onion, shallot, sweet red bell pepper, garlic, and a large drizzle of olive oil in the heated pan and allow them to sweat for 10 minutes over medium heat.
- To fabricate your flounder, begin by cutting off the side fin. Slice down the center of the flounder. Angle the knife slightly to create a pocket on each side of the original incision.
- Once the veggies are done sweating, add thyme, salt and pepper, a splash of sauvignon blanc, butter, and crabmeat.
- Turn the heat off and add cubed cornbread to the pan. Mix well.
- Open the flounder pocket and place stuffing inside.
- Add a large drizzle of olive oil to coat the baking pan and place the flounder on top.
- Roll out a lemon and slice in half. Squeeze the lemon juice into the pan before placing face down into the pan.
- Add another large splash of sauvignon blanc to the pan.
- Place the pan in the oven for 45 min to 1 hour, or until the flounder reaches an internal temperature of 160°.
- Serve and enjoy!