We’re excited to team up with Amos Mosquito’s Restaurant & Bar and Chef Hallock once again to bring you a delicious new recipe for Fried Soft Shell Crabs with Jalapeño Tartar Sauce. Seafood lovers will want to dive right in and enjoy this delicious meal!
For tips on preparing your next seafood dish, follow us on Facebook and/or Instagram or stop by the market at talk to one of our experts!
Jalapeno Tartar Sauce
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 each Jalapeño, seeded and small diced
- 1 each Lemon (zest of whole lemon and juice of 1/2)
- 2 Tbsp Sweet Pickle Relish
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire
- 3 Tbsp Capers, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 tsp Horseradish
- 2 tsp jalapeño Tabasco sauce (any hot source will do)
Mix all the ingredients together.
Fried Soft Shell Crabs
- Vegetable Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Corn Mill
- Milk (Optional)
- Season the crab with salt and pepper.
- Dredge crab in half flour and half corn mill mixture.
- Place in fry daddy for about minute and a half to two minutes
- Fry in batches for 2 minutes or until the oil quiets down.
PRO TIP: For a thicker crust, dip crab in milk, then dredge in breading for a second time.