We’re excited to team up with Amos Mosquito’s Restaurant & Bar and Chef Hallock once again to bring you a delicious new recipe for Fried Soft Shell Crabs with Jalapeño Tartar Sauce. Seafood lovers will want to dive right in and enjoy this delicious meal!
Jalapeno Tartar Sauce
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 each Jalapeño, seeded and small diced
- 1 each Lemon (zest of whole lemon and juice of 1/2)
- 2 Tbsp Sweet Pickle Relish
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire
- 3 Tbsp Capers, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 tsp Horseradish
- 2 tsp jalapeño Tabasco sauce (any hot source will do)
Mix all the ingredients together.
Fried Soft Shell Crabs
- Vegetable Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Corn Mill
- Milk (Optional)
- Season the crab with salt and pepper.
- Dredge crab in half flour and half corn mill mixture.
- Place in fry daddy for about minute and a half to two minutes
- Fry in batches for 2 minutes or until the oil quiets down.
PRO TIP: For a thicker crust, dip crab in milk, then dredge in breading for a second time.