The holidays are right around the corner, which means family and friends are coming back into town! Treat them to a light dish before the real festivities begin with Grouper en Papillote, or “Grouper in Paper” in French. This steamed fish dinner pairs best with white wine and good company, so be sure to have both in stock!
- Grouper fillet
- Sweet red bell pepper
- White wine
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Fold a large sheet of parchment paper in half and cut into a large heart shape.
- Place onion, sweet red bell pepper, scallions, ginger, garlic, and thyme on one side of the heart-shaped parchment paper (do not place in the center of the heart).
- Season the grouper fillet with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Add butter to the top of the fillet and top with a splash of white wine.
- To seal the packet, fold the parchment paper over until the ends meet. Starting at the top of the heart, begin folding the edges over. Keep folding until you reach the bottom of the heart. Take the last fold and keep twisting until secure.
- Place packets on a baking sheet and cook in the oven for 30-45 minutes, or until you reach an internal temperature of 155°.
- Once cooked, cut open parchment paper to serve.