Love is in the air on The Crystal Coast! Dazzle your Valentine with Chef Jeremiah’s original recipe for Pan Seared Atlantic Salmon with Buerre Rogue Sauce. Even better, make it together for a fun date night at home!
At Blue Ocean Market, we provide fresh, local seafood to our community and you guys have shown us the love! We hope to inspire you to create a little bit of that magic in your own kitchen this Valentine’s Day.
Pan Seared Atlantic Salmon with Buerre Rogue Sauce
- Atlantic Salmon fillets
- Yellow onion
- Bay leaf
- Red wine
- Heavy cream
- Butter cubes
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- To begin your buerre rogue sauce, cut orange, lemon, lime, shallots, and yellow onion into large chunks. Add to large pot, along with bay leaf, peppercorn, and a bottle of red wine. Bring to a boil.
- Once syrupy, add a pint of heavy cream to the sauce.
- Once reduced, strain to remove the large chunks from the sauce.
- To thicken, add and whisk butter cubes until melted.
- Add salt to taste. Set aside.
- To prepare salmon, remove skin and belly membrane from fillets. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add olive oil to a pan on medium-high heat. Sear both sides of salmon fillets, starting with the presentation side. Each side should be seared between 1 ½ – 3 minutes, depending on its thickness.
- Place fillets in the oven until the reach an internal temperature of 145°.
- Plate salmon and beurre rogue sauce. Top with parsley.