Make scallops your meal of choice with Chef Jeremiah’s recipe for Pan Seared Sea Scallops with Apple and Orange Fennel Slaw! With our fresh, never frozen seafood and simple ingredients, you’re sure to amaze with this Blue Ocean Market creation!
Pan Seared Sea Scallops with Apple and Orange Fennel Slaw
- Blue Ocean Market 10-20’s Sea Scallops
- 1 Fennel bulb
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 1 Orange
- Chopped parsley
- Salt and black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp clover honey
- Balsamic reduction
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium-high heat. Add a large drizzle of olive oil to the pan once heated.
- Season scallops with salt and pepper.
- Sear scallops on the heated pan. Once the scallops have a slightly brown color seared side, flip them and place the pan in the oven for 3-5 minutes.
- As scallops cook, combine 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar, 1 tbsp clover honey, juice from half an orange, and a pinch of salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Julienne apple and add to the dressing.
- Core and julienne the fennel bulb and add to the same mixture.
- Season slaw with salt, pepper, and chopped parsley. Mix well.
- To serve, plate 5-7 scallops and top with fennel slaw, segmented oranges, parsley, and balsamic reduction.