Looking for a light dish to break up the heavy holiday meals? Check out Chef Jeremiah’s recipe for tuna piccata! This dish features local, sushi-grade yellowfin tuna and is sure to impress your whole crowd!
- Yellowfin tuna loin
- Salt & pepper
- Crushed red pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Red onion
- ½ tbsp minced garlic
- 2 headed tbsp capers
- Dry white wine
- Roasted red peppers
- 1 heaped tbsp beurre manié (a kneaded butter consisting of equal parts butter and flour)
- Lemon juice
- Cut yellowfin tuna loin into thin slices.
- Season slices with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper.
- Add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil to a medium-high heat nonstick pan and sear tuna for 3-5 minutes, starting with the seasoned side down first. Season the other side as the tuna cooks. Once done, place slices on a separate plate and let rest.
- Add another drizzle of olive oil to the pan before adding red onion, garlic, roasted red peppers, and crushed red pepper.
- Once the pan has browned, add capers and a heavy splash of white wine to deglaze. Let the sauce reduce before adding beurre manié and lemon juice.
- To serve, plate 3 slices of tuna and top with picatta sauce and parsley.