It is often said that food is the way to a heart. At Blue Ocean Market, we live that daily providing great seafood to our community and you guys have shown us the love! We hope to inspire you to create a little bit of that magic in your own kitchen this Valentine’s Day with our recipe below.
Spicy Scallops with Lemon Cous-Cous
Blue Ocean Blackened Spice
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Add a tablespoon of butter to warm skillet over medium heat
- Dust both sides of the scallops with our signature Blue Ocean Market Blackened Spice
- Add the scallops to the skillet and turn up the heat. Cook for about 1-1 ½ minutes on each side. Make sure the scallops have a nice sear on the bottoms.
- Then, remove the scallops from the stove and place on a cookie sheet. Place in the oven for about 1 minute or so.
- While the scallops are in the oven, cut the zucchini into bite-size chunks and place in the same skillet that the scallops were in.
- As the zucchini char, prepare the cous cous to the manufacturer’s specifications
- Add prepared cous cous and red bell pepper to the skillet with the charred zucchini
- Next, add a splash of lemon juice, pinch of lemon zest, dollop of pesto, a few cloves of garlic, a little bit of shallots, and salt/pepper
- Stir the skillet to allow the flavors to mingle
- Serve the cous cous mixture onto two plates
- Top with the scallops
- Garnish with basil
- Drizzle with garlic juice or olive oil
- Serve & Enjoy
For tips on preparing your next seafood dish, follow us on social media or stop by the market at talk to one of our experts!