Chef Anthony is sharing a fun twist on traditional BBQ with this NOLA BBQ Shrimp recipe featuring Blue Ocean Market’s very own NOLA Fish Rub, just in time for Memorial Day! We pride ourselves on providing the Crystal Coast with the freshest North Carolina seafood and we hope to inspire you to create a little bit of that magic in your own kitchen this summer.
NOLA BBQ SHRIMP
- 5 Green Tail Shrimp, with head and shell on
- 2 Knobs of Butter
- Fresh Lemon Juice
- Bay Leaf
- Cayenne Pepper
- Blue Ocean NOLA Spice Rub
- Black Pepper
- Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Lemon, charred
1. Starting with a dry pan over medium heat, add in shrimp.
2. Next, add the first knob of butter, fresh lemon juice, bay leaf, cayenne pepper, paprika, NOLA spice rub, parsley, salt, black pepper and Worcestershire sauce.
3. Turn up the heat and flip shrimp, combining all ingredients.
4. Squeeze charred lemons over shrimp, adding them into shrimp pan.
5. Add scallions, and oregano, letting shrimp cook down.
6. Add a splash of lemon juice, the last knob of butter and allow to briefly simmer.
7. Remove from heat, place the charred lemons and shrimp in a bowl.
8. Top with sauce, and serve with toasted crostini.