Do you ever struggle with what to do with your leftover noodles? At Blue Ocean Market, we like to add fresh, North Carolina seafood to classic meals for a delicious dinner at home. Check out this quick and easy recipe for Linguine with Clams featuring fresh North Carolina calms from Hoop Pole Creek Oyster Company and enjoy your time with family while eating the best our region has to offer.
Clams and Linguine
Yields 4/5 servings
- 48 clams washed
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 2 cup white wine (your favorite)
- ½ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 4 Tablespoons of fresh chopped garlic
- 4 Tablespoons of fresh chopped parsley
- 2 Tablespoons of fresh chopped parsley for garnishing
- Fresh cracked pepper to season
- Parmesan cheese as needed
- 1 box of linguini cooked per the manufactures directions
- Place the cleaned clams in a pot (you will need a tight-fitting lid)
- Add the wine, butter, lemon juice, garlic, and the 4 tablespoons of parsley to the pot cover and cook over medium heat.
- Cook for about 5 minutes or until the clams start to open. ( it could take a little longer and you might need to add more wine, or you could add some water ) add the cooked pasta and toss together.
- Place some pasta in a bowl or plate top with some of the clams add a little of the cooked liquid and garnish with reserved parsley and parmesan cheese